How to Get Started

Share working keys, ids, codes, strings with others
Arthur
Site Admin

How to Get Started

Post by Arthur » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:28 pm

First of all, to get started in development, hopefully you are familiar with either java or swift (although I have heard that the swift libraries may be incomplete - I have only used java) as a programming language. I will describe using java with the desktop example.

You should have an IDE (Integrated Development Environment) to help you code, debug, and build with. It is not completely necessary, but it extremely helpful. Personally, I use the Eclipse IDE (https://www.eclipse.org/ide/), but there are many that you can choose from.

You should download from the Github repository (links in another post), the apptoolkit-desktop-example (if you are coding in node.js or swift or for an android device - download the appropriate example).

Once you have the example downloaded, you will have to insert a few pieces of information. The main pieces will be the clientid, clientsecret, your jibo account email, and your jibo account password. These latter 2 pieces of information are to identify and query which jibo robots you have access to in your account. The former 2 pieces of information is the information that has been near impossible to come by. I will provide you with those values below. Yes, I know the ramifications of what I put below, but since Jibo, inc. is gone, and they never delivered any clientids or clientsecrets to the people that actually *PAID* to have them, we had to obtain them by other means (I'm sure this will be a topic for discussion in these boards).

The clientid you can use is: "be_a_maker"
The clientsecret you can use is: "42ETov864Ev4CEYNW9UbeJaKLQNBiCvVPpCKZ8T3ngnZuoA2fiMAJUARdvMQhFKi"

(yes this comes from the be-a-maker app)

Now enter in your jibo user account information... The lines (if you are using the desktop example) at the top of the program should look like:

Code: Select all

private static String mClientId = "be_a_maker";
    private static String mClientSecret = "42ETov864Ev4CEYNW9UbeJaKLQNBiCvVPpCKZ8T3ngnZuoA2fiMAJUARdvMQhFKi";
    private static String mUsername = "<your jibo account email>";
    private static String mPassword = "<your jibo account password>";
Assuming you only have 1 Jibo robot registered to your account, you can run the program, and it should make your Jibo robot get the purple ring and say "Hello World". You will have to kill this running program to get your Jibo back to normal state, as, at the end of this program, it is in an infinite loop.

From here, you can read up on the SDK (links in another post) and start making your own application.

Zetoman

Re: How to Get Started

Post by Zetoman » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:01 pm

Awesome, Will give it a shot.

Arthur
Site Admin

Re: How to Get Started

Post by Arthur » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:37 am

Let me know if you have any issues...

fixed1t

Re: How to Get Started - Trip Hazard

Post by fixed1t » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:37 pm

Please don't make the mistake I made with the

private static String mUsername = "<your jibo account email>";
private static String mPassword = "<your jibo account password>";

your email address needs to replace <your jibo account email> in the string quotes " "
your private password needs to replace <your jibo account password> in the string quotes " "

I made the mistake of keeping the < > when I first did it, which caused it to fail

Malcolm aka @fixed1t