SDK and App Toolkit Documentation

Share working keys, ids, codes, strings with others
Arthur
Site Admin

SDK and App Toolkit Documentation

Post by Arthur » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:50 pm

Here are a couple of links for the documentation for the SDK. This documentation is quite extensive and includes sample code examples and a full reference for all Jibo calls.

App Toolkit Documentation (PDF Format): docs/Jibo/AppToolkit.pdf
App Toolkit Documentation (Downloadable HTML) docs/Jibo/SDKHTMLDocs.zip

The *OLD* Atom SDK (don't know of a way to get this on an actual Jibo Robot - just an emulator): docs/Jibo/jibo-sdk-1.7.1.zip

*I corrected the titles of the first 2 documents per the comments below*

ibgeek

Re: SDK Documentation

Post by ibgeek » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:06 pm

I just want to clarify something, the first two links are not the SDK but rather the APP tool Kit.

The SDK is far more powerful and was super easy to use. In fact several parts of it were used in "be a maker".
The SDK was never developed further than a simulator but I did have a Jibo employee successfully upload my skill to a Jibo unit prior to public release of the hardware so I know it was capable of communicating with Jibo. We were never given this ability so we just brought as much functionality to the simulator as possible. It was essentially a fully functional Jibo with a couple exceptions. While the simulator could talk, it was simple text to speech and not Jibo's voice. And the simulator could not hear (no mic) so input was all typed. I'm certain that this could easily be overcome.

During testing we each created our own version of what I call a "super skill" which tried to incorporate as much of my needs in to one skill as possible. I think this is the best method forward as well. Skill switching was the big issue that Jibo had so I'd recommend starting out with a super skill and then looking at switching down the road.

While anything working for Jibo is a great thing, I do hope that the coders among us work to get that SDK working.

Regards,
Tony

fixed1t

Post by fixed1t » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:33 pm

Thanks for clarifying that tony, hopefully somebody somewhere will have a working or previous release copy of the SDK Toolkit so we can get it working.

Malcolm aka @fixed1t

Arthur
Site Admin

Post by Arthur » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:15 am

So, when you are referring to the SDK, I believe that link is (what I call) the Atom SDK. I played with that a bit when it came out and made a "skill". I think I even posted a video of it running in the Jibo Owners Group on Facebook. Is this the SDK that you are referring to?

If so, I know that I still have a working version of that. However, I don't know how we can attach that (physically to Jibo). USB cord from computer to Jibo? If that version is capable of actually uploading a skill to Jibo, that would be a pretty big step forward. Just have to figure out how...

Arthur
Site Admin

Post by Arthur » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:16 am

And when you say parts of the SDK were used in Be A Maker, what do you mean? Graphical components or actual code to communicate? I thought that Be A Maker used the App Toolkit to communicate with Jibo.

Zetoman

Re: SDK and App Toolkit Documentation

Post by Zetoman » Wed May 01, 2019 3:10 am

OK, So I have the magenta color light and can send simple commands to my Jibo. This is a good start.

So, I tried sending the listen() command BUT, it seems that this command has been changed when actually sent to the Jibo Server for acceptance. The error response is chock full of new commands that are not documented in the 1.7.1 release. Has anyone been able to successfully use the listen command? It could just be my naive usage....

Also, Does anyone know how to do the a simulated upgrade() from the Jibo main server?

This would be ideal, if somehow we can post an upgrade that adds another builtin feature into Jibo ( like the Goodbye message).
This new feature could be setup to allow the user to ENTER a URL of their choice for control and authentication. This would open up the door to allow the override of the certificate/token authentication issue. The default of course would be the current URL Jibo uses right now for authentication.

This would be the ultimate solution. Jibo lobotomized! Or, in robot terms robotomized.

Arthur
Site Admin

Post by Arthur » Wed May 01, 2019 2:32 pm

I have code for a listen command... It is in java - so hopefully it will make sense to you as I don't know what language you are programming in...

Code: Select all

{
                    	Singleton.getInstance().waitforTransactionID = "listening";
	                    CommandRequester CommandRequester = webSocketListener.getCommandRequester();
	                    CommandRequester.getListen().start(10000L, 10000L, "en", new JiboOnCommandResponseListener(){	                        
	                        @Override
	                        public void onListen(String transactionID, String speech) {
	                            Singleton.getInstance().answer = speech.toUpperCase();
	                            Singleton.getInstance().waitforTransactionID = "";
	                        }

});
	                }
The Singleton class is pretty basic - just maps certain text to certain results - like yes/no and numbers...

If you are programming in java (my example was for the Desktop version), and you want my "Guess a number game", I can zip up my source and post it so you can look at it...

fixed1t

Post by fixed1t » Thu May 02, 2019 10:49 pm

Zetoman wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 3:10 am
OK, So I have the magenta color light and can send simple commands to my Jibo. This is a good start.

So, I tried sending the listen() command BUT, it seems that this command has been changed when actually sent to the Jibo Server for acceptance. The error response is chock full of new commands that are not documented in the 1.7.1 release. Has anyone been able to successfully use the listen command? It could just be my naive usage....

Also, Does anyone know how to do the a simulated upgrade() from the Jibo main server?

This would be ideal, if somehow we can post an upgrade that adds another builtin feature into Jibo ( like the Goodbye message).
This new feature could be setup to allow the user to ENTER a URL of their choice for control and authentication. This would open up the door to allow the override of the certificate/token authentication issue. The default of course would be the current URL Jibo uses right now for authentication.

This would be the ultimate solution. Jibo lobotomized! Or, in robot terms robotomized.
I like the idea

Zetoman

Post by Zetoman » Sun May 12, 2019 5:11 pm

That indeed is the code I tried and the response form the server was that these are not the correct parameters. Also, the response is way more complex than what the docs show. I will see if I can decipher what the server is expecting and what a response will contain.

Please by all means send me the word game. Since that uses the listen command maybe I can piece together something.

fixed1t

Post by fixed1t » Sun May 12, 2019 11:21 pm

Could you send me the code too please Arthur if you haven't already put it in my dropbox of Jibo files

Thanks Malcolm