Jibo The Bodiless On Nvidia Jetson TK1 Development Kit

fixed1t

Jibo The Bodiless On Nvidia Jetson TK1 Development Kit

Post by fixed1t » Fri May 24, 2019 9:56 pm

The main CPU/GPU processor inside Jibo is the Tegra K1, I am pleased to say that I've managed to secure a reasonably priced Jetson TK1 development kit(to go with the Jetson Tegra TX1 I bought after thinking the X1 processor was in Jibo). This is a great find and I'm hoping it arrives from Austria to the UK in good condition next week. The great thing about having this board is that a significant part of Jibo's development was done using TK1 board, and I am therefore hoping it is compatible with the source binaries inside Jibo.

Thanks to keen eye'd others, I now have an upload file for jibo that contains his bootloader and control programs which I am working through. I am hoping to Upload the file to the TK1 Development Kit when it arrives. Once the program is loaded, I'm hoping to redirect some of JiboTB (Jibo The Bodiless) routines to connect various pieces of hardware to the board to see how Jibo fairs inside his new TK1 body.

This is just scratching the surface, but if I can successfully use the JiboTB to talk and display on a monitor, I can then look to see if his Speech to text and text to speech routines can be redirected towards the Microsoft or IBM servers away from Jibo's own.

This is a work in progress, I just thought I'd give you an update.

Malcolm aka @fixed1t