Getting Jibo into recovery mode

Arthur
Site Admin

Getting Jibo into recovery mode

Post by Arthur » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:32 pm

To get Jibo into recovery mode, simply hold the bottom right button down when pressing the power button from a shutdown Jibo. You can tell if you are in recovery mode, as Jibo would not have booted up, and the red light is on at the top of the screen.

To reboot Jibo and return to normal operation, press the top right button while in Recovery mode.

Here is a pic of the buttons in the back of Jibo's head.
Service port.jpg
Service port.jpg (38.4 KiB) Viewed 184 times

mendezza23

Re: Getting Jibo into recovery mode

Post by mendezza23 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:37 pm

Have you tried downloading the system image with the Nvidia tools when he is in recovery?

fixed1t

Post by fixed1t » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:54 pm

Yes spent most of the last few days trying just that. I purchased the Nvidia TX1 Tegra Development Kit so I could practise with the tools and possibly suck Jibo core onto it to try and understand how Jibo talks to his ports. I also converted on of my machines over to uBuntu 16.0.4 and installed the nvidia JetPck and tools to perform the right comms. Jibo responds only once per session, them has to be reset again for any command to work, this is standard for the Tegra processors. Attempts to flash off the App from Jibo fail after the first 10 lines, so I'm thinking there must be a specific code Jibo is waiting for before he opens up. If anybody knows how to flash to and from his micro-usb port then please drop me a private message or reply to this.

Many Thanks

Malcolm aka @fixed1t

Arthur
Site Admin

Post by Arthur » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:54 am

So far we have found that Jibo, when connected to a computer, in recovery mode, reports the usb connection as an NVidia 0955:7740. From our research, that seems to make Jibo a Tegra K1 or (TK1). We have setup Ubuntu Linux (14.04), and have downloaded various Nvidia Jetpack development kits to try to communicate and read Jibo's system. So far, all attempts to access his information has been blocked (I believe they have put in "blob" security and we will need specific private keys to access Jibo in this way). We have tried the nvflash commands, but they always just hang after reporting a 'BR_CID'.

You can also do the command: 'sudo lsusb -d 0955:7740 -vvv' to get some more detailed information

Link to installing Ubuntu: https://www.lifewire.com/dual-boot-linu ... os-4125733
Link to Nvidia Jetson Dev Kits (Jetpacks): https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/downloads/archive

I have been testing with Ubuntu 14.04 and Jetpacks (1.0, 1.2, 3.3).

If anyone has any other information, we would love to know.