Communication Flow between App, jibo.com, and jibo robot

Share working keys, ids, codes, strings with others
Arthur
Site Admin

Communication Flow between App, jibo.com, and jibo robot

Post by Arthur » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:02 pm

I am going to try to document what I believe is the flow of information necessary to be able to communicate from an app directly to a Jibo Robot.

1) Application makes a SSL call to portal.jibo.com
Purpose: Get an authorization token that is used to identify this application, and a particular Jibo account
Input: clientid, clientsecret, jibo account username, jibo account password
Output: an access token, and a token type

2) Application makes a SSL call to portal.jibo.com,
Purpose: Get a list of Jibo robots owned by the account associated with this access token
Input: access token and token type from step 1
Output: a json array of Jibo robots with names

3) Application makes a SSL call to portal.jibo.com,
Purpose: Tell Jibo robot to generate a certificate and fingerprint for programmatic access
Input: access token and token type from step 1 and robotname from step 2
Output: nothing

I believe at this point the Jibo.com server communicates directly with the Jibo robot to request it to create the p12 certificate and fingerprint and to get it's local ip address. The Jibo robot will generate this and return that info to the Jibo.com server.

4) Application makes repeated SSL calls to portal.jibo.com,
Purpose: get certificate, fingerprint, and ipaddress for for programmatic access
Input: access token and token type from step 1 and robotname from step 2 (added parameter "client")
Output: if successful, the p12 certificate, fingerprint, and ipaddress

At this point we have the certificate, handshake, and ipaddress for our chosen robot, so we can communicate now directly with this robot.